Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Becoming a Modern-Day Housewife


Well, it seems this is a project long in the making...first of all I've always been a fan of those horrible reality tv shows "Real Housewives of...." but I don't have the luxury of having an endless supply of money to lead that kind of lifestyle (nor would I want to), Samantha of Bewitched was an excellent housewife but I can't just wiggle my nose and clean my house or make dinner. Both Erich and I are constantly wondering why we can't seem to keep the house clean week to week. I admit I am extremely envious of those people that can stay organized, keep their homes clean, cook and bake homemade recipes, workout and stay in shape, and have a successful career and nurtured relationships. There just aren't enough hours in the day to get it all done!! Well, our church is kicking off a series on THE BIG DREAM!!! It's supposed to be a chance to try to achieve those silly dreams you've always had, without fear of failure, knowing you are never alone. For a long time my biggest, scariest dream was to be a doctor and I seem to be on my way to achieving that goal so now I think it's time to focus on more of my personal life-especially with a new baby on the way there is no better time than now to get control! Besides everyone looks at their mom like they know all of the secrets to cooking, cleaning, and making the family happy while also working "out in the real world", so I better get prepared because right now I'm pretty sure I leave much to be desired in the "homemaking department"

I was also inspired when i caught the tailend of Martha Stewart on Oprah this afternoon. She was showing how to fold a fitted sheet. Come on, how many people really know how to do this, they just attempt it and shove it in the cupboard, right?? Well, here I go....I am determined to start mastering the art of becoming a "real" Modern-Day Housewife!!!
To start my mission I may as well tackle that fitted sheet...

2 comments:

Matt and Ashley said...

I have no idea how to fold a fitted sheet! I do have a little sheet tip for you though...If you have a couple sets of sheets, store your sheet, fitted sheet, and pillow cases in one of the pillow cases. That way, you just have little packets of sheets stacked in the linen closet!

Love you, sis.

Matt and Ashley said...

P.S. I like how you just slipped that little baby news in the post:) Hazel can't wait to find out if she is going to have another boy cousin or girl cousin!