I'm a bit behind on updating the blog, but it's because since I last posted things seemed to move forward and change at warp speed.
- Pam and Barb hosted a baby shower for me which was a great day! I didn't take any of my own pictures but I will get copies from them and do a post soon.
- Grayson got moved from his first hospital room to a double room with a new roommate "Jordy" because the census was so high at the hospital. We really didn't love the situation but it was only temporary.
- Grayson was doing such a good job of regulating his temperatures that they moved him from his isolette to an open crib. It definitely made us feel like we could "access" him better for diaper changes, baths and holding.
- He passed his hearing screening and had his first eye exam. He did show what's called Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) which is very normal for little ones his age so we just go for followup next week with the ophthomologist.
- He was doing so well tolerating his feeds that they put the order in for nuzzling with me and soon after, nippling with a bottle. It took a few days for him to get going but he took to it well. They started alternating gavage feedings with his NG tube with bottles and if he didn't finish enough of a bottle they would put the rest in his tube.
- They moved Grayson again to a different room that was not a double room so there wouldn't be another chance of him getting a roommate. He was only here for a few days though before we got to bring him home.
- Grayson eventually decided he was ready to feed with the bottle alone so he pulled his NG tube out himself. I think we are going to have a fiesty, independent son! He knows what he wants and he goes after it! Sure enough, once he pulled the tube he was feeding completely from a bottle.
- I finished my rotation at DMU and was able to spend some more time down at the hospital. Although, by about Tuesday they said we would probably be discharged on that Thursday so I spent the next couple days running errands and making all of the last minute essential baby purchases like bottles and burp clothes, etc.

1 comment:
I see you, Kiley, in the picture just above the one with the green mouth sponge. I can't believe he already had a double chin going! And I love the story about him pulling out his tube. Such a big boy!
Post a Comment