Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Morning Lullabies



This is one of my favorite times of day with Grayson. I love when the first thing I see in the morning is a smile on his face with the morning sun glowing on him. It is like an angel is looking down on both of us. I also really love this song, and it's extra special because I found out I was pregnant the night I went to the Ingrid Michaelson concert and I didn't get to tell Erich until after the concert. So for that time it was only him and me that were in on the secret, it was so hard to hide my excitement from Ashley and the Gillaspey's that night. But I knew Erich had to be the next to know. So here is a link to the song and the lyrics below....love love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmlDWR1QGuk

Yesterday
I woke up

with your head on my arm

My hand was numb

Circulation gone

But I dared not move the pretty sleeping one

The sun had painted
Patterns on your face

As you breathed Sunday air

You rolled onto

My open arm

I became your pillow; you let me smooth your hair

I will sing you morning lullabies

You are beautiful and peaceful this way
I know you have to close your eyes on everyone

Let me help you, I'll sing you to sleep
With morning lullabies
Let me lie in the curve

Of your body tonight
And I will hear you tumble into sleep

I will watch you heal, watch you heal with me.
I will sing you morning lullabies
You are beautiful and peaceful this way
I know you have to close your eyes on everyone

Let me help you, I'll sing you to sleep
With morning lullabies!

2 comments:

Matt and Ashley said...

I don't know if Ingrid is a mommy, but this song is so appropriate to sing from mother to baby. Love it.

Sue and Kenny said...

Ki- I just rediscovered your blog. I was only able to see sporadic pics through Ash's blog. Found the link at work. Anyway, so happy to be up-to-date. Grayson is SO precious and I am SO happy for your joy as a new Mom! Love, Aunt Sue