Monday, July 20, 2009

OVERDUE

With 2 days left of my summer break I'm going to update the Blog. It is much overdue so I will just add the highlights since last winter:
I finished my first year of school successfully.
Erich is completing his second rotation at On With Life. It is an inpatient facility in Ankeny that focuses on Neuro. Rehab-mostly from Traumatic Brain Injuries.
We got married!!! Happy to be Mr. and Mrs. Ottervanger! Settling in to married life well. I can't believe it's been about a month!
We have a new addition to our family...our puppy Macy! She keeps us on our toes for sure. She's a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier. Right now she's 12 weeks old...and growing daily!
I begin my second year on Wednesday.I'll be taking Pharmacology, Clinical Reasoning, Preventative Medicine/Nutrition, a Surgical Skills lab, a GYN lab, OMM, Ethics, and all of the systems! 56 hours when all is said and done this year. I'm looking forward to a routine again, though. Even if that routine is getting about 3 hours less sleep a night than I do now. I may as well keep chugging through this program so I can start making money instead of borrowing it. Here is a collection of my favorite pictures from the summer break. I promise I will make a concerted effort to continue updating the blog. Along with exercising, budgeting my money, and keeping my house clean : )


Family Laughs

Mildred's wedding present

Cheers!


Bachelor Party

Bridal Brunch at Flarah's

BBQ at the Drury

Art Fest with Macy

Shawn Johnson Loves Macy

No comments: